• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 8gb(2x4gb)ddr3 1600mhz COR-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neznam1337

Registered
Hi all.

I'm thinking of buying Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz COR-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 model
My motherboard is ASRock M3A770DE (Supports DDR3 1600(OC)/1333/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory)
My graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB
My processor is AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz
I will put my old RAM out, I'm not willing to mix frequencies (heard it's not good). I know the RAM fits on my motherboard, but I don't know if I have to overclock it when I put the RAM in because it is set to 1600MHz. Will it work without any difficulties, problems? Thanks for the help.

It should work fine, but you will need to manually set the frequency, timings and voltage. By default it will likely run at DDR3-1333 and SPD timings.

You're wise not to try two different RAM kits together; that's usually where problems show up. :thup:

Which voltage should i put for 8-8-8-24 ? The RAM are set to 1.5v stock (i didnt buy them yet)

You should manually set the voltage, speed and timings to ensure the board is supplying and running what the RAM is rated for.

OK, thanks :)

I'm not sure if i am supposed to set the voltage below 1.5V or beyond 1.5V because my motherboard supports 1600MHz max(overclocking), so what should i change the voltage to?

You're supposed to set them at their rated 1.5V and they should run the rated speed & timings. :thup:

I had to manually set timings for my sets of Corsair Vengeance; just as Hokie said, they defaulted to DDR3-1333; 1.5v works just fine @ recommended timings.

BIOS generally, unless you have solid software like ASUS' AISuite or EVGA's eLEET. I think ASRock has some sort of software. Not sure if it works with your board though. Overdrive never really did anything for me. It's been quite a while since I've tried it though.

After you set your RAM to its rated speed, timings and voltage, make sure your system is stable. After that, to to our homepage and read the guide to overclocking your phenom. It's in the list of links on the bottom right. (Sorry, can't link from mobile.)

Back