• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair and UPS have me upset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kelushka

Registered
On 12/2/13 I ordered the k70 from Corsair since newegg didn't have the one I wanted in stock. At checkout I selected the few more extra dollars for quicker shipping. Four days later they finally accept my payment and then another day to ship it out. I've been tracking the package since then. I go on my UPS tracking page today and see that there was a train derailment in Hodgkin Illinois. So I go on the web to do a little poking around about this train derailment. What I find out is that there was no news for this derailment but there was news of a derailment in October in Hodgkin Illinois. What's going in here? Is this an excuse or is that town notoriously bad for train accidents?

.....maybe the train derailed taking out a UPS substation and all the trucks ??????........

And remember, Christmas season shipping times are substantially slower than say May 8th or such.

I know shipping is slower at this time but for Corsair to act so slowly to just accept the payment and to process my shipping should not happen. That's a pretty long time. Also UPS has this many derailments in this one location every couple months? I think not.

Christmas season shipping times are substantially slower than say May 8th or such.

Is it really slower? I ordered a bunch of stuff from Performance-Pcs early this morning. It has already been shipped and the tracking number indicates that it will be delivered on Wednesday. That seems pretty quick to me to have a 38lb package traverse over 1,000 miles vial FedEx Home Delivery.

Just a thought...

I have ordered many items from the Corsair website, it's hit or miss. First time ever ordered I ordered a red key cap replacement set that go on you WASD and some number keys, also got a little key cap puller etc etc. Like a 14 dollar item. Did this on a Friday afternoon.After 2 weeks it comes drifting into the maibox and Im ok with that. however they sent me the wrong part. I got a SATA upgrade kit for a 900D case, WTF, now it's been 2 weeks and I got the wrong item. Finally got it 2 weeks more later.

Now the other 3-4 items I ordered them early in the morning on a Monday and got them correctly in a few days.

1. order early in the morning
2. Avoid ordering after Tuesday during the week, only order on Mon or Tue :D

hope this helps, LOL, they are a little odd :D

From working at UPS I can safely say there was no derailment and it was probably a wrong scan. Unless I missed a memo I know of no train derailment at this time. However, there are a considerable amount of packages stuck at various locations around the country because of the bad weather over the past week or so. I am told there are 50 trailers stuck in the Dallas TX area right now that are still back logged from the weather last weekend. They actually offered a full expense paid trip to some management last night to fly over to help and we are in Florida. I personally know of people that have been flown from FL to New York for the same problem so I would assume PA is in the same boat. I would say it was/is stuck in a trailer from the weather.

Also no, shipping is not slower this time of year in general. All normal time in transit and guarantees are still in place for the most part. Right now the weather is causing the problem. Unfortunately when you call the 800 number they look at scan data and blindly regurgitate what it says.

Is it really slower? I ordered a bunch of stuff from Performance-Pcs early this morning. It has already been shipped and the tracking number indicates that it will be delivered on Wednesday. That seems pretty quick to me to have a 38lb package traverse over 1,000 miles vial FedEx Home Delivery.

Just a thought...

FedEx > UPS

you would be very surprised how many train derailments there are that no one ever hears about. i work for a railroad maintenance company and that is one thing we do is cleanup derailments, well i dont i sit on my butt in an office, but we have to go clean them up quite often and thats only locally. And most shipping companies put stuff on trains to go cross country.

Interesting. I receive a lot of packages on a regular basis and in my experience the service provided by FedEx, UPS, and the Postal Service is comparable. UPS and the Postal Service seem to be a little more predictable insofar as the former typically is here between 2PM and 3 PM and the latter between 11AM and 12PM. It is almost like clockwork but there is of course some variation. This predictability helps me when I am expecting a package that requires a signature since I generally know when someone must be here to sign. With FedEx, delivery times vary widely and if I am expecting a signature required package then someone is pretty much chained to the house the entire day. I have even had FedEx show up to make deliveries as early as 9:00AM and as late as 7:30PM.

The only gripe I have with the Postal Service is that I have seen drivers stuff a delivery attempt notice in my mailbox without bringing the package to the door and ringing the bell. When it happens I complain to the Postmaster.

It really depends on where you are...it really does. In general UPS/FDX are pretty much the same with a little differences here and there (things like contract drivers vs employees, etc). In one town UPS is better while in the other FDX is, it all depends on something small like driver attitude and/or the local account executive.

Back