• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS is just a Bleep bleep bleepedy bleep BLEEP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
[Rant] OMG how much I hate UPS! I swear I would like to fly over every freaking warehouse, office, hub or whatever they have and just bomb the snot out of every dot on the map! :mad::mad:

This is an on going problem I have with these dingbat idiots for years, yet when I make a purchase on flebay, 100 to 1 the seller has to use these incompetent nincompoops.

Ordered a specific cleaning spray from a vendor and it took them 2 days to give me the dam shipping info. So finally i have it and I start tracking. Today out for delivery since 6am. Fine I have nowhere to go right. Stuck at home, hours pass and then I recheck the tracking..still on the dam vehicle at 8pm :rolleyes: Decide to check again an hour later and it shows delivered to "front door". I'm like "what? Front door"? So open front door....no package. I live in a highrise so i go downstairs to the lobby....no package there. I go out the main front entrance, look around, under benches, in the trash can, look up in the trees, still no package :mad:

I'm like wtf is wrong with these dingalings? Are they really that stupid?? Yup, they really are. There's a huge panel when you come in the main entrance with a large-arse keypad on it and right next to it tenants directory with Name (first initial, last name) followed by the apartment number and the corresponding 3 digits to ring the intercom and say "Delivery". I can either buzz them in, walk 1o steps into lobby right into the elevator and voila. I mean it's so simple to use even a monkey on angel dust can figure it out. But nooooooo.

Now here we go again with an upteenth claim from these bastages. :rolleyes:

Did I tell you how much I hate UPS? :mad:
[/end rant]

I'm with ya nebs, fake delivery notices are becoming more common it seems, just last week got a "delivery attempt- no access to front door". Technically correct, because in this [rural] area they don't come anywhere near a residential front door. <shrug>

Fake or dropped off at the lobby and stolen?

Some post offices if you have a PO Box will now give you their physical address and you can have packages delivered there. Of course you must have a PO Box, and unfortunately you will have to pay for it. But if it saves you the headache it may be worth it.

Can you create an account with UPS and see if they have any other delivery/pick up options?

Also, try to purchase off of Amazon and have them deliver to an Amazon locker. I do this when I want something but don't want the wife to know.

Fake or dropped off at the lobby and stolen?

"dropped off at lobby and stolen" is a phrase permanently branded into my psyche, stemming from a laptop I sold on ebay in 2008, USPS f''in drops it off in the lobby, is stolen yet they accept no culpability for the loss, and deny my insurance claim. I shouldn't think about these type of things.....

"dropped off at lobby and stolen" is a phrase permanently branded into my psyche, stemming from a laptop I sold on ebay in 2008, USPS f''in drops it off in the lobby, is stolen yet they accept no culpability for the loss, and deny my insurance claim. I shouldn't think about these type of things.....
That sucks. Small claims court.

That sucks. Small claims court.
And you'll likely lose and spend thousands in the process. That was also 12 years ago.

Don't get burned... request a signature. Then if the buyer signs for it, OR signs off to leave it there, it isn't your responsibility.

it seems UPS's delivery "status" may be taken from the media- they just put whatever fits the bill in there. If they dont want to deliver your item- they just put whatever in there

And you'll likely lose and spend thousands in the process. That was also 12 years ago.

Don't get burned... request a signature. Then if the buyer signs for it, OR signs off to leave it there, it isn't your responsibility.

I knew the age of it. I bet if he had filed small claims back then he would have had a good chance to win. Just have to be good at arguing.

Fedex, tho sometimes slow/late, I've rarely had any issues with. Same goes for USPS so long as it's priority with tracking/insurance I've never had issues with. Twice USPS has lost my package from a sender that used the bottom of the barrel method (Parcel Post) and it's trapped in the shipping blackhole abyss. It's been several years and still no sign of them, and since the seller used that method, the cost fell on them as I got my refunds.

But UPS has my *** chapped I've been burned by them so many times. They can blame it on anything and using Covid-19 (tho very real) is just another ploy to cover their behinds. I got my refund from the seller and let them deal with that crap. I remember DHL also. They must be related to UPS for the same shenanigans of losing packages. They'll swear up and down they delivered it, but their logic is "Oh well we left it at the front door. It's not our problem after it's out of our driver's hand", but there's no viable proof it's been delivered aside from what the driver puts in that electronic doo-hickey of theirs.

This is the supposed proof of UPS. I'm still looking around outside for it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The drivers? I've found they for the most part just don't care. We use UPS primarily at work, and have had things shipped to our warehouse in Newark. We usually use more expedited shipping and since it's a business address and shipping account everything except their ground service has a guaranteed "Before 10:30AM" drop off time. More often than not, the driver doesn't get it there until 2-3PM, but then actually "signs" for it by 10:15 so if we challenge it with corporate the whole thing turns into a mess.

I've also had more local drivers put packages front and center of the walkway leading to my door while it's raining, as opposed to walking forward another 4 feet and putting them under the roof overhang. That's if they even get that far - I have a short stone wall at the end of the driveway. More than once I've had UPS just set them on the wall. Ok fine, they're in a rush, but I'm on a fairly busy main road, and it's way too easy for someone driving by to just pull over and grab it.

Edit: Probably shouldn't have read this thread, have a few drives set to deliver tomorrow, coming in Brown...

Last edited:
Back