• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H100 + 2700k (High Temps)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1nsane

Goodday everyone,

After recently building my new rig, I started overclocking it. For some reason I believe my cooling isnt working 100%. Let me explain my issue.

My setup is as following

i7 2700K
Corsair H100 WC
Asus P8Z68V-Pro
2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Room temperature 21 degrees celsius.

All this is kept in place in the Corsair.

My current 24/7 clock is 4.8Ghz with a Vcore of 1.37v. All motherboard settings are at stock except for LoadLineCalibration, this set to High, this would be setting 3 of 5.
On the surface this looks pretty nice and I have to say, im pretty happy with it.
My highest temperatures while stressing with IntelBurnTest are 68 degrees. The H100 cooling has 3 settings low/medium/high. In this case it is set to low. I have to admit that setting it to high hardly makes a difference.

If I go to 5Ghz, with a Vcore of 1.40v, LLC set to Ultra High and DIGI+ VRM Phase Control set to Extreme. Its stable. Though I have to set my H100 to high and my temps are somewhat acceptable. Max temps are 72 degrees.

So this leads me to the following, reading around on different websites it seems there are people with a 2600K running Vcore's well over 1.45 with air cooling. You can easily find several systems with 1.5 or higher with air cooling that dont seem to be running into any issues.

I do want to note that my H100 is quite noisy, i can easily hear it of my 6 casefans. Am I just overreacting? Or should I just be happy with what I managed?

Kind Regards,
1nsane

Last edited:
Those temps are perfect. 1.4v is great for 5GHz. Run IBT and CPU-Z, and then tell us what your vcore is at.

Check your vcore under load, "High" LLC will often overvolt by a fair margin under load.

Ok Checked the Vcore under load @ 5Ghz, CPU-Z says its 1.384 to 1.36. While idleing it goes back up to 1.4v

@ openfriday

Hmm sounds similar indeed.

Seems a bit warm, but not overly much so. I'd say you're good to go.

Back