• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CORSAIR H60 + 1090t Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dimas.94

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and relatively new to overclocking.
All I've done in the past is overclocking my Intel C2D E6600 to 3 - 3.2 GHz on the stock cooler. (Yeah, was pretty hot :p)

Now I just purchased the H60 cooler. I know I should have gone for the H70 or H80 but the H70 wasn't available and the H80 was a bit too pricey...

I've the AMD Phenom II x6 1090t now, and I'd like to know if this cooler will handle 4.0 GHz on this CPU...I pushed it to 4.0 GHz but had problems! Measured temps with CoreTemp and it only went as far as 43 degrees at full load on P95 and then I got a BSOD! It also went as far as 42 degrees on stock clocks and when I tried 3.5, I got an error on one core in P95... So I'm confused.

I overclocked using the multiplier and added added some voltage. My default voltage was 1.45V (Isn't that much? :/) and I went as far as 1.5V. Didn't have time to test it more, I'm at work right now and when I get home I'll mount the cooler more properly and try again.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

Thank you for showing me this but I'd also like you to tell me if you think H60 is enough!

The H60 is no better than good air cooling. Is it enough? Depends on your fans, your CPU, your overclock, your ambient temps. Etc Etc. If you load the chip and the core temps are in the high 50's, your okay I guess. You could have stuck sensors too in the CPU.

So, maybe............ Many sell the Corsairs and go full WC once they realize it's weakness. It's a teeny rad.

Sorry, thats it in a nutshell.

I managed to get it stalbe at 4.0 GHz, the maximum core temp is about 52 degrees at full load, I believe I'm ok! :D

Back