• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H60 and Intel I9-10900K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I am building a new machine. Mostly it will be all new including a new case (Corsair Carbide Series Air 540). It will also be based on an Intel I9-10900K and I understand this CPU needs robust cooling.

I have a Corsair H60 that has served me well cooling an overclocked I7-6700K. Corsair does not publish any information quantifying the heat transfer design capacity of their various packaged water cooling products. So, are there any opinions with respect to the ability of the H60 to adequately cool the I9-10900K? I am willing to buy a different cooler but I am very reluctant to do so unless there is a reasonable need for it.

I would try it and see what results you get. Certainly, the H60 will not allow overclocking on the new CPU but it may cover it at stock with maybe some throttling under heavy load. But modern CPU will down clock themselves to avoid damage so no worries there, at least in the short run.

I used one for cooling an AMD 965BE (125 watt) while F@H for a couple of years. The socket compatibility is something to check. I didn't see much on the Corsair site regarding the latest CPUs bracketing for this cooler. It's an oldie but a goodie.

The H60 will be fine and yes you will be able to overclock. I use an H80i V2 on my 1080Ti GPU with an overclock. That's like a 300w TDP with the overclock and still I never get GPU temps above 60C. I can stay in the low 50s pretty easily if I try. The H80 is a bit larger than the 60, but we're also talking 3x the heat output.

Yes, socket compatibility will likely be an issue at this point. Mounting holes pattern is not the same I don't think and it would depend on if Corsair is planning on putting out an adapter for that style of water block.

Thanks for the thoughts. A seemingly knowledgeable Corsair tech told me yesterday the H60 is compatible with LGA-1200 mobos.

Back