• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H80 block direction. Is it normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NomadCRY

Firstly sorry for my very very bad english. I'm foreign.:(

Hello everyone, I'm using Corsair H80 cooler with my i7 3820.

As you know, everyone mounting block like this (direction/way). Me too. Until the yesterday.

m7uuwx.jpg

Yesterday I was cleaning my case, so when I was re-mounting the block, I realized that this way mounting is more easy to me.

ok07eq.jpg

If I tryna mounting block like first picture, I have to push the block into the motherboard and it's very difficult. Maybe that'd be almost broken. And I choose this way. Very simple to mounting.

Is this normal? Is this situation create problems?

My idle temps is 29-32 C, and 50-53 C load temps when there is no overclock. When I overclock the CPU at 4.625 GHz 1.35V idle temp is 37-39 C, load temps is 68-73 C. I think temps are good.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!

What are you using for temperature monitoring? Hwmon or Core Temp are both great apps. You can get Hwmon from here, http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html and Core Temp from here, http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Tell us more about your system, cpu, etc. Based on what your saying those temps are fine, but some more information would be helpful.

I use Asus AISuite. My system is ASUS Rampage IV Extreme, Intel i7 3820 4.65 GHz OC 1.35V, Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 1866 MHz CL8, ASUS nVidia GTX560Ti 1 GB DCUII, Corsair Force GT3 SATA3 120GB SSD.

photo one would be the best mount, the tubes are as low as possable and would get water to the pump inlet better, but if it works, leave it as you have it mounted.

photo one would be the best mount, the tubes are as low as possable and would get water to the pump inlet better, but if it works, leave it as you have it mounted.

Thanks for your reply. It's working, and temperature seems good. But I'm just in doubt.

Welcome to OCFs.

Use core temp as stated since you're using a intel CPU. If the temps are the same than should be fine.

Back