• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Corsair H80 in HAF 922 case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michealv

Registered
I've recently installed the Corsair H80, loving the performance, no complaints there at all.

However I've noticed that there is like this ever so slight ticking comming from either the fans or radiator, it comes and goes but with my sensitive hearing can drive me a bit batty in the quiet mornings.I normally just put headphones on lol.

I've read some comments out there, and I haven't for one disable the CPU auto speed thingy in the Bios. Should I be disabling that? I've plugged the H80 into the standard CPU fan header.

I'm wondering if that might be the source of the probelm.

I've checked that there is no vibration in the unit, it could be the case? who knows...just putting it out there to see what bites. I can live with it, but i'd rather get rid of it if I can, 90% of the time its not there, just when it comes I'm the only one who can hear it lol

the noise is the pump its on the cpu block . if it stays on for a wile just give the pump a little tap .

the h80 sorts out its own rpm its about 2133 or something like that . even if you change the cpu fan rpm speed in the bois

I believe it reads the rpm from the pump not the fans that's why it never changes and i guess to let you know if the pump is still working or not

Okay so seems that maybe giving the pump a little tap may shut it up.

So if I bash it, it should stop working and be completely silent! mwahahaha.

Problem solved, thanks guys

PS.
No H80 units were actually harmed

Thought I'd add one last comment for those hearing a ticking noise, its 99% comming from the radiator pumping air.

try running the case on its side for an hour, i was surprised but it fixed the issue for me, now I have a silent running system lol.

another thing to check, make sure your pump hoses are not in awkward positions, adjust it for what you think will allow proper water flow, don't be scared to move it around abit they wont break, this prevents the pump having to work so hard, and may help disperse any air bubbles

Back