• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Corsair Launches Vengeance Pro Series DDR3 Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Perfect. Just want I need to complete my build. Those red heatspreaders will match my ROG board perfectly :thup:

Looks much better than the 1st gen of Vengeance. It could be in low heatsink version but I bet it will be released in time.

I have a failed understanding here.

My Z77 board claims to be able to handle ram up to 3000Mhz, why does it say i need a Haswell to be able to run close to the 3000mhz with this ram?

Z77 boards can make up to ~3200 but CPU's memory controller probably won't pass 2800 on air/water.
Most IB will make stable DDR3-2600 while Haswell can make 2900+. That's why these kits are marked as designed for Haswell.

I picked up one of these new sets today: 2x4GB 1866Mhz. The specs are nice and so was the price! Looks pretty good also, I had the silver one because it was on sale at about 5$ cheaper than the other colours. :)

Back