• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengeance cl9 overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spinningalways

I did the autotuning feature through AI suite for my cpu and now memory timings for my ram are 9, 9, 9, 34? CPU-Z says my ram can do 1600 at 9,9,9,24
i really don't know much about all this overclocking business and mucho f what any of the numbers mean but it just seems a bit odd, I bought the ram thinking it was 1600 at default but my motherboard sets it at 1333 if the cpu is not overclocked I can't set it at 1600 and overclock my cpu because if i overclock the cpu it just automatically adjusts it. Apparently the ram is only 1333 but it can overclock to 1600 safely when i was looking it up just dont know how to do it without overclocking the cpu too much because I'm on stock cooling.
Computer specs are

Motherboard - m5a99x evo r2.0
Cpu - AMD FX-6300 overclocked to 3.81
Memory - Corsair Vengeance CL9 1600 with dram frequency @ 725
Video Card - gigabyte radeon hd 7850 2gb oc version
Power supply - Fractal Integra R2 650w
Running windows 8
Also the cool n quiet feature, it seems to be a bit buggy so I disabled that feature but now the cpu is always running at full speed and turbo boosts for doing simple tasks, runs at around 45 degrees while just on the internet & can get up to 60degrees when gaming which seems like a bit much but i looked it up and max temp is 71 so I should be alright?
I'm mostly just worried about the memory since it was a bit of false advertisement saying 1600 on the box then when i look it up online it's actually 1333..

At a default FSB / CPU BCLK of 200Mhz, the BIOS auto-adjusts the DRAM multiplier to 6.66 = DDR3-1333. All you should have to do is manually change the DRAM frequency to DDR3-1600 = 8.00 DRAM multiplier at a 200 BCLK.

Back