• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CORSAIR Vengeance not compatible with Maximus IV?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nateleduc

I have 16gb RAM from my current build that I was wanting to transfer over to my next build. It's CORSAIR Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B.

When I try and boot I'm getting "ERROR 55" AKA memory issue.

Two reviews on google said people are using it, but I'm not having any luck. I haven't tried updating the BIOS, I did try switching BIOS's but with the same luck. I also cleared the bios via battery and button

Any thoughts?

Its the Intel version

Last edited:
I'm not getting anything on the screen. I'm using the first red slot closest to the CPU

I'm also ignoring the cardinal rule through, I have a 210, NVS 440 and a raid controller attached as well. Should I remove them and try again?

Try one stick and move it to each DIMM slot and try to boot each time. If you can't boot in any slot with that stick, then swap sticks and repeat until you can boot.

Once you can boot, then that means you have a working stick and a working slot. Since you know the slot works try each of your other sticks in that known working slot. If one of them doesn't boot, that means that stick is bad. Next, since you had a working stick, try that known working stick in each DIMM slot to determine bad slots.

I never actually looked at the board till now. Its a Maximus IV extreme-z.

I know the memory is good, I'm using it right now. I'll swap them to different slots

I had to RMA my Maximus V Gene because of bad RAM slots. I was getting 55 with all 4 slots filled, but found a working stick and tried each each slot to find the ones it wouldn't boot in. I also tried swapping CPUs since the memory controller is on the CPU.

When I got a board back it seemed to have the same issue until I loosened my Venomous X to put less pressure on the socket. So, that is something else to check.

Just swapped them around, still no luck.

I'm running a i5 3570k

I swapped to a different 210 as well and removed all other cards

If you know the RAM is good and it won't work in the board, then it's either the board or the IMC on the CPU. Have you used the CPU in another board with that RAM?

No, this is my first Intel board. I have a spare board. I'll try and test it on that

No luck, but I don't know the condition of the other board, only that it supports the i5 3570k

Back on the Asus board, the CPU is heating up, and I read that I wouldn't be getting any of those codes if the CPU wasn't supported.

Is my RAM not compatible with this CPU?

Back