• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengenace 1600 Shows 1333mhz at BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulzion

Hi everyone, I recently bought two Corsair Vengeance 4GB x 2, 1600MHZ, each one ... I installed them on my mobo MSI 990XA-GD55, but after I enter to the BIOS, it shows that these rams are 1333Mhz ...

I Know, yesterday some one posted same problem as me, so its not that i'm too lazy to search, but instead of him, my pc doesn't freeze, it works normally but I would like to use the whole frecuency of my new RAM or I wouldn't have changed my last memories that were 1333mhz :eh?: ...

This is what it shows:

]

When I put the DRAM Frecuency to 1600Mhz, and Adjusted DRAM Frecuency makes 1800mhz, and when I use CpuZ, it shows that DRAM FRecuency is 900Mhz

Then, if I change the DRAM Frecuency to AUTO, it makes 1333mhz, and right down the Adjusted DRAM Frecuency makes 1499, the cpu Z shows DRAM Frecuency is 750 Mhz ... (Don't look upside that shows DRAM Frec 1800mhz, that is from the previous image but I didnt restarted the pc so it shows that)

I can't find any XMB stuff on the BIOS ... Dunno how it works, but I hope that with the info I've given you guys, you can help me so I can enjoy these Rams :) Thanks for reading and thanks for answering with solutions ....

Pc Specifications:

Cpu: Amd Fx-6100 Six Core Processor
Motherboard: Msi 990XA-GD55 http://www.msi.com/product/mb/990XA-GD55.html
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GB x 2 = 8GB (1600mhz)
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM
SO: Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bits
Power Supply: Tr2 600w ThermalTake

Last edited:
DRAM Frequency = DRAM Multiplier x FSB. The 1333MHz setting is set to put the RAM at 1333MHz at stock FSB. Since you overclocked the FSB and the multipler stayed the same, you're running your RAM at a higher frequency. Your BIOS is lising 1500MHz. CPU-Z lists 750MHz, but DDR stands for Double Data Rate, so the effective speed is 1500MHz.

I would set DRAM Timing Mode to Manual, and set the timings to 9-9-9-24.

DRAM Frequency = DRAM Multiplier x FSB. The 1333MHz setting is set to put the RAM at 1333MHz at stock FSB. Since you overclocked the FSB and the multipler stayed the same, you're running your RAM at a higher frequency. Your BIOS is lising 1500MHz. CPU-Z lists 750MHz, but DDR stands for Double Data Rate, so the effective speed is 1500MHz.

I would set DRAM Timing Mode to Manual, and set the timings to 9-9-9-24.

Owww... I didn't know it was OverClocked, I dont know anything about that stuff, but I'm sure that the Motherboard's Software (Oc Genie II) is doing that OC hehe, I disabled it and Ta Daaa, CpuZ Shows 800Mhz ... But Well, Im going to ask you anything more .... 225 FSB is too much overclock? I mean ... I dont want my cpu to overheat because I dont have Water Cooling System, I want to ask If I can leave it OCed, as 225 FSB and It won't happen anything, and the same thing for the RAM, it shows now 900Mhz, it means its working at 1800Mhz, Can I let it be like that and i'll be ok or is too much for the cpu and the ram?

These are my stats

As long as...
1. It's stable
2. Temperatures are within safe limits

...you'll be okay. To check for stability, I'd run Prime95 on Blend test mode. This puts a full load on your CPU and RAM, and so if it doesn't crash or BSOD under that kind of load, it should be fine. You should check your temperatures at the same time. I'm mostly an Intel guy, so I'm not sure what the best programs are for AMD temperature monitoring are.

As long as...
1. It's stable
2. Temperatures are within safe limits

...you'll be okay. To check for stability, I'd run Prime95 on Blend test mode. This puts a full load on your CPU and RAM, and so if it doesn't crash or BSOD under that kind of load, it should be fine. You should check your temperatures at the same time. I'm mostly an Intel guy, so I'm not sure what the best programs are for AMD temperature monitoring are.

It was stable but well ...it's done I disabled the OC Genie II, that was auto-Ocing everything, so FSB is now 200 ... I just have the Stock Cpu Cooler that is really basic, so I won't take any risk ... Understood bout the FSB x multiplier, and well lucky this mobo allows me to change the Multiplier if I want to OC but I dont know anything about OCing so if you know any specific guide of OCing, tell me, I want to learn about this hehe

Thanks so much for your answer, were really helpfully

Back