• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cost of Caselabs Cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobCochran

Registered
Friends,

In this topic:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/783137-Water-wont-flow-through-system

I noticed Flat-G's reply to the original poster. Then I looked at the build he did, with a Caselabs SM8 case.

So I then looked at the Caselabs site and the prices they quote for the SM8 line put me into shock. The "Magnum SMA8" is priced at $639.95. Is this normal pricing for Caselabs products? I guess their "options" can drive the case cost up even more.

Off-topic side note: Flat-G, your build is awesome. Wow! You have machining skills that are amazing.

Thanks a ton

Bob

That seems about right depending on the options you choose. I bought a Bullet BH7 case from caselabs because I couldn't afford the SMA8 case. The BH7 case is a cube style ATX case and it still set me back $299. The build quality is absolutely freaking amazing and I find myself just starring at it from time to time. I have never worked with a better case and would gladly buy it again.

Cases I've built in;
NZXT phantom
Corsair 650d
Corsair 800d
Silverstone FT02
Ncase M1
Phanteks evolv ATX
Lian li pc700b

All of those cases were almost $200 and above when they launched and the caselabs case destroyed them in quality. The only case I would say that was on pair in terms of quality was the Ncase M1.

Caselab is the premium line of cases. Last I checked, the dream case I would want from them I think goes for $1200+. Yes, that's just the case.

I spent some time looking at their website and also at the case reviews. The Magnum SMA8 case might become my next case.

Corsair makes some great cases but the all the plastic turns me off. The thick quality aluminum used in caselabs cannot be compared to a steel and plastic case. The fit and finish of corsair cases is also a bit lacking in respects to the 800d and 650d cases I used in the past and those were the top tier cases from corsair. The caselabs cases fit together with impeccable precision and the powder coat paint used does not scratch or chip as easily as my corsair cases.

Thanks guys! I'm regretting the Fractal Design Define R5 case that I'm using. Everything seems so cramped.

Bob

Off-topic side note: Flat-G, your build is awesome. Wow! You have machining skills that are amazing.

Thanks for your comments Bob,

Yep - Caselabs cases are not exactly cheap however they are very well designed and manufactured - Don't forget that they are normally supplied in powder coat and they are comprised of fairly thick full aluminium frame and panels which all screws/bolts together - no crappy rivets etc.

They are the only manufacturer that I know of that supplies a complete set of spare parts for their cases. So if you stuff up drilling into one of the panels - You can replace it with a spare.

Here in Australia they are quite expensive and it cost me over $1.4K AUD to buy the basic SMA8 case (locally) and then source the pedestal and some other panels direct from Caselabs.

Thing is that the case will last me for years to come so amortised over its lifespan, it is not a huge outlay.

I also have another much simpler build utilising a Corsair 900D. This was considerably cheaper but this is also reflected in its construction, flexibility and materials used.

The 900D is somewhat similar to an SMA8 however it is not as well designed (interior space-wise) and is no where near as flexible with layout options etc.... BUT it is way cheaper and still does the job...:thup:

Last edited:
Yea i have looked at their website and Caselabs "Magnum" SMA8 is a beautiful case. Expensive yes, i dont have afford to it but it is something i might get in future. The case itself would last many year to come.
Any of you seen singularity build with this case? Just wow...

Back