• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time Water Cooling For Xeon E5 / Supermicro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only thing I would do is either position that rad up top or add the fans in push configuration so you're not stressing out that tubing. Overall it looks great.
Thank you very much for the compliments! I originally mounted the radiator on top. That is, I slid the radiator under top of the case so that the fans pointed down at the motherboard. That looked wonderful, but there was no way I could get the 8 pin CPU power cable to plug into the motherboard connector with the radiator in that position. The cable is really fat and isn't very long. Maybe I need to look for a custom cable. Of the 5 cpu fan headers on that motherboard, header #1 is close to the 8 pin connector on the motherboard and plugging in the fan power would have been a problem too. So I moved the radiator to the right side. That seems to work. Of course, getting a drive cage in there will be fun now.

I will add one more fan after a bit more work.

I have another post coming up that will explain one more thing on my wish list, or my daydream list if you will.

Bob

Last edited:
Back