• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could be a mobo or cpu problem?? Help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelsinni

Registered
Hello all,
im here trying to get some help once more about a very strange problem that im facing with my system...

I have recently bought some used parts to build a 2nd system and after all worked fine for a couple of mouths now im facing some strange (at least to me) problems...

Components:
Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
2Gb G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL
HDD 80Gb

As i told i had them worked fine with Windows 7 installed on a old HDD Excelstor IDE 80Gb for a couple of mouths...past that time somethimes the PC stalled on the Windows (desktop, internet, with some software running) and the HDD led became light on but with no noise rotation of it...

I thought that most probably the prolem should be from the HDD because of the "centuries" of age and so i replaced it for Hitachi 80Gb Sata and when i tried to format it and installed the OS it tooke me at least 4 or 5 hours because of stalling problems too...

I have put both HDD's on other system and both run OK without that stall problem...Then i tried other 2 fully working RAM modules on it and the problem remained...i had also replace the PSU for the one that was working on my main system and the problem keeps happening...

Before all that component change i had also flash the bios with the latest version available but no luck either...

At this point and by excluding the possibilities there are just 2 sources where the problem might be: the mobo itself or the CPU...

My question here is if anyone had already faced a problem similar like this or any opinion about where is most probably that it might be (mobo or cpu)

Thanks in advance for all the help

Back