• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could use some help with my RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks guys but I think I asked poorly. What I mean is how can the bandwidth be changed by increasing clockspeed? Isnt bandwidth determined by physical characteristics, lioke number of pins and lanes to the cpu?

It's a combination of timings and speed. But generally the faster ram has a higher bandwidth. Take a look at some of the new DDR4/z170 numbers. They're in the 40k+ mb/s. Have a look at Woomacks latest
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...2x4GB-)-DDR4-3333-CL16-1-35V-GWW48GB3333C16DC

I see a little better now. I was working under the assumption that the bandwidth was a physical characteristic that could not be changed. I thought that moving more data meant increasing the speed/rate of transfer,but that the data would still be bottlenecked by a physical connection /wire/trace of some sort. But bandwidth is apparently the measure of the transfer rate! Who knew? :chair: :)

Back