• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Counter strike internet/server and language problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eeriikk

I've got this really annoying problem and I need some help.
When I start my counter strike, counter strike source or hl2 dm my internet get disconnected until i have closed the steam application and then I have to wait for like 1-2 minutes before I can connect to the internet again.. Sometimes though, my internet doesnt disconnect and I can connect to some servers,(notice some servers!) but i have to wait for like 1 minute before it begins to load the server.. And yeah, I find very few servers compared to my friends in their homes.
Yes I do have a router but i have opened all the ports needed for all steam applications and steam itself. I have checked my firewall and there's no problem with that.. Please help me..
Also.. I got another problem with cs. After a minute of playing counter strike I experience small freeze lags and when I write in the chat, I write in chinese.. I hope someone can help me with these problems cuz I would really appreciate it since I love the game but can't play it smoothly without problems. :/ I got vista btw!

I have a minor problem too as when I play CSS... Every now and then ill get D/C'd and when I look at my cable modem it's pretty much on the fritz. But like I said this happens once in a blue moon...

Open your Steam client and make sure the language is set to English. Go to File > Settings > Interface > Select English > Click OK

Also make sure your internet connection is set correctly. Click Settings > Downloads and make sure it is set to match your internet connection speed.

Restart Steam and see if that makes any difference.

If that doesn't help, try going directly from your modem into your system and see if that makes a difference, that way you can tell if your router is at fault.

Okey, my language setting were incorrect, soo thank you for that :)
The speed of my internet connection is correct so that didnt help any.
And how do i connect directly to my modem?

I'm assuming that your internet connection is setup in the typical way as follows:

{INTERNET} -- [YOUR MODEM] -- [YOUR ROUTER] -- [YOUR PC(s)]

Basically instead of plugging the ethernet output of your modem into the router, plug it directly into your PC's ethernet port.

Okey, thank you. I'll be trying that then, and if there's still problems I'll probably come back here :)

Back