• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu and gpu temps to high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thewalrus

Registered
Here are my specs
VGA VISIONTEK900505 HD7850 2G R

HD 1.5T|ST ST31500341AS 7K 32M

Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

AMD PHENOM II X4 965 BLK ED

ASROCK 970 EXTREME 3 AM3+ ATX

THERMALTA V3 BLACK GAMING CHASSIS

CRUCIAL 8GB 4X2 D3 1333 DIMM CL9
Cpu cooler-coolermaster hyper 212+

During low load stuff my cpu temps range from 30-40
Gpu range from 33-36

During full load (BF3 maxed)
cpu reaches-55-62 range
and my gpu temps
55-68

Am I running too hot, is it time for a new cooler?
also everything is stock no oc

That is the high end for your CPU for sure at stock speeds, you shouldnt be hitting that with a CM Hyper 212+... reseat that thing.

GPU temps are fine.

That is the high end for your CPU for sure at stock speeds, you shouldnt be hitting that with a CM Hyper 212+... reseat that thing.

GPU temps are fine.

I also forgot to say that I was using artic silver 5 is that an alright paste? How do you recommend I re seat it, the first time I just squirted a good amount right in the center and let the the cooler spread it out.

Paste brand is fine. Just reapply and remount it. Usually a between a BB and a small green pea will do. Something isnt right though.

What are your ambient(room) temps?

Paste brand is fine. Just reapply and remount it. Usually a between a BB and a small green pea will do. Something isnt right though.

What are your ambient(room) temps?

I would say around 21 c

I went into my bios to look at temps, 48.5c no load(BRB RESEATING)

VjoWSEs.jpg.png

Back