• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Fan Control Options (Automatic Mode)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

essartee4

Registered
Odd question i guess.

So i set up my CPU fan control to automatic in my BIOS (Showing screen shot from my Motherboard utility for reference)

Its currently set at Level 3 speed with target 50C

Im a bit confused what this means. I did lower the level speed which in turn lowered the speed/noise. What does the "Target" part mean?

Will the fan speed auto raise when under load? How should this be set?

I left the target default, and lowered the speed to lower noise.

Recommended settings?

Untitled.png

The AXTU fan control is essentially semi-automatic; if a target temp. is exceeded the UEFI will ramp up the fan speed until the temp. is reduced to the set level. The Fan Target Speed (from Level 1 to 10) dictates how the fans ramp up.

Changing the fan target speed changes the CPU Fan in idle.

Is there a recommended setting on this?

for idle : level 1 :)
Actually, everything that can be set to Automatic in bios (CPU_FAN , CHA_FAN or SYS_FAN) , can be set to level 1.
IF it is not automatic, you should set a comfortable speed (3-4 , 6-7). That requires some experimenting to ensure enought thru-flow.

For automatic : this means that as long as the target temp is not reached, the fan will run at its slowest speed and will start to ramp up to maintain the target. Its dynamic, not on/off, but when the temp goes over 50, the fan will run at 100 %
Of course, you have to check if the fan still turns at level 1; but if this is a cpu_fan (pwm) that should not be an issue :)

Back