• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU fan error message at startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diesel722

Registered
Hello again, I just recieved a bunch of new cooling parts for my computer today and unfortunatly I have some trouble shooting to do. You guys already helped me solve my problem with my case fans (thanks again!), now I have another problem with my CPU fan.

I have just installed a THERMALRIGHT XP-90 heatsink with a PANAFLO 92MM MEDIUM SPEED COOLING FAN 2450RPM 48CFM 30DBA 3PIN NO SENSOR. When I boot my computer I get a "CPU FAN ERROR press F1 to continue" error message, but the fan seems to be working fine. Im wondering for what reason I am recieving this error message and how I can fix it!

MOBO - ASUS A8V Deluxe
PSU - ANTEC TRUEPOWER 430W

Thanks,
D

Yeah w/o a motherboard sensor hooked up your mobo has no idea that you even have a fan. This won't harm anything as long as you make sure its working :p .
You can go into bios and turn the CPU Fan warning off. On my asus motherboard is under power settings.

Ah ok, thats what the NO SENSOR is all about. Guess its rather obvious but its my first time installing my own fans so its a learning process. Well everything should be good to go then, thanks..

Go to the hardware monitor in your bios. Go on fan1 speed and change it to ignore. That'll solve your problem. That's what I did.

My A8V Deluxe gives me the same error on my undervolted Panaflo. :[ Worst part is, I cant hear the fan if it IS working. xD

Hi

I just installed HD 5450 Ati Radeon after installation on boot there was an error "cpu fan error" please help....

You have a 3 pin fan plugged into your 4 pin cpu fan header. It doesn't mean anything, the fan is still spinning, your motherboard just can't control the RPM due to no fourth pin connected.

You can either buy a fan with a 4 pin plug or go into your bios and disable the warning. Or you can just ignore the warning, it won't cause any harm.

Hi

I just installed HD 5450 Ati Radeon after installation on boot there was an error "cpu fan error" please help....

This is a very old thread. You should always check the last post date. And in this case you shoulda started your own thread. This like this can be missed, you will never get a reply.

No matter, looks like you got your answer. :thup:

And I bet you bumped your CPU fan connector. is it spinning?

When I boot my computer I get a "CPU FAN ERROR press F1 to continue" error message, but the fan seems to be working fine. Im wondering for what reason I am recieving this error message and how I can fix it!

That was a known problem with my Asus P5QL Pro board, I used to randomly on boot get multiple bleeps with "CPU Fan Error! Press F1 to continue" or similar.

But, that was even with a PWM fan. :/

And if yours don't have an RPM sensor, that's why.

Back