• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu Fan list, help me choose the best one!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
7.99? thats a good price for the SFII. o_O. Wonder if anything is differrent about it.

hey seer, how has that ys tech fan been treatin ya? i been thinking of getting that fan over the smartfan I because of the manual control.

Maybe it's a special. Oftentimes when sales are low for small volumes, the retailer will drop the individual price below the volume price, and a lot of time they'll apply the individual price to all volumes. Notice that the individual price is in a separate element of the page, whereas the volume pricing is in the same font, size, and area as the description. Depending on the site's e-market system, the volume prices might be more permanent than the individual pricing.

Crism said:
what about that 39cfm sunon that like hundreds of people have?

I have that and an SK-7 on a Celeron 1.2, and it did a fairly good job, keeping it @ ~1.5 below 40 C (no case, no other airflow around it). I haven't gotten around to serious tweaking with it, though, so I haven't pushed it to its maximum. Id rate it as straight average, moderate noise, moderate cooling.

by the time my i order the setup, if the SFII is out of stock im going with the YS tech fan because it has a manual control.

L337 M33P said:
4500-5000 a tornado would be hard to hear over it

You've gotta be kidding me! The thing is friggin quiet compared to a Tornado! Even a 92mm Tornado at 5V was louder than that! The Smart Fan II has the best noise/performance ratio, IMO. And that price for the SFII is from Best Byte Computers.

i know, its just out of stock right now. So if its still out by the time i order i'll get the ys tech fan.

Check out Case-Mod.com for the HUGE special sale they are having that started today. I placed an order by 3:30 PM and it has already shipped FedEx - and I asked for ground UPS!

They have Panaflow's, etc. Here is what I ordered:
1 x 3pin to 4pin Adapter (F001) = $0.50
1 x 3pin to 4pin Adapter w/RPM Sensor (F002) = $0.99
1 x 1/2'' Sleeving - Neon Red - 4ft (12_NR_SLEEVE) = $2.99
5 x 7.5'' Cable Tie - Neon Pink *UV Sensitive* (CABLE_TIE_NP) = $0.75
5 x 7.5'' Cable Tie - Neon Orange *UV Sensitive* (CABLE_TIE_NO) = $0.75
5 x 7.5'' Cable Tie - Neon Green *UV Sensitive* (CABLE_TIE_NG) = $0.75
1 x 80mm Case Fan: Sunbeam Cold Cathode Fan - UV Blue (CCFL_FAN_UVB) = $9.99
Sleeve Fan Tail? No
Sleeving Neon Yellow (UV)
Heatshrink
1 x 1/2'' Sleeving - Neon Green - 4ft (12_NG_SLEEVE) = $2.99
1 x 120mm Case Fan: UV Sensitive - Red/Orange (120_UV_Red) = $2.99
Sleeving
Heatshrink
Sleeve Fan Tail? No
1 x *SPECIAL PRICE* 18" Floppy UV Sensitive - Silver Braided (fdd18uvblue) = $1.99
1 x *SPECIAL PRICE* ATA-133 24" UV Sensitive - Silver Braided (24uvblue) = $2.55
1 x *SPECIAL PRICE* ATA-133 24" UV Sensitive - Green (24uvg) = $2.55
2 x **SPECIAL PRICE** 80mm Case Fan: Panaflo L1a - 21dba! (80_PANAFLO_L) = $7.50

Delivered to IL was $44 total ($7 of it was shipping). Not too bad...

I've just bought a 'Coolermaster Aero 7+' (for £21.62 GBP) to replace my 'Akasa 785cu with 80mm Coolermaster fan', and it's taken 7C off my load temp (42C down to 35C with case temp at 37C)

Don't know wether this'll help you at all, just thought I'd mention it. :D

P.S. I'm running as 2800xp Barton

P.P.S. There's a review here http://www.a1-electronics.net/Heatsinks/2003/CMaster_Aero7_Apr03.shtml

Last edited:
i use a slk-800, adn an enermax 80mm

for a fan, thats always under ~20db, it offers great cooling

i read in a review that the Aero 7 Lite cooled a little better than the Aero 7+. Weird, eh?

Back