• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED CPU heats up to ~90 °C while rendering in Sony Vegas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

E-matlet

I recently got back into editing with Sony Vegas again, and I'm experiencing a problem with my cpu going sky high in temperatures. I'm using the template 'Internet HD 1080'. My cpu is i7 4770k @ 4.2 GHz, and its cooler is a small Noctua NH-L9i. My video card is a gtx 770, msi version. I can give you more specs if it's needed. I have had no problems with the cpu or the cooler. The highest temperature I've seen under load is 65-70 °C, but often the temperature just stays near 60.

Sounds pretty accurate, actually.
Vegas should stress 100% with the newest instruction set, and your cooler isn't a top-end cooler (no slouch either) so it's going to get warm.

Sounds pretty accurate, actually.
Vegas should stress 100% with the newest instruction set, and your cooler isn't a top-end cooler (no slouch either) so it's going to get warm.
Thanks for the reply - so is there no setting I could/should change? How long is it safe to keep the cpu running at that high of a temperature?

Thanks for the reply - so is there no setting I could/should change? How long is it safe to keep the cpu running at that high of a temperature?

90°C is still safe, honestly. I wouldn't worry about it till it gets up to about 95°C :thup:

Back