• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu heatsink advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blarf

Well I'm debating between those:

Noctua nh d14
TR Archon/silver arrow (and possibly HR-02 Macho)
Corsair H100

Which one would you advise?

NH D14 and Silver Arrow perform very similarly. i would tend slightly towards the Silver Arrow though because the included fans look beastly :santa:
in a few reviews i have seen the SR produce even better results than the NH D14, but we're only talking 1-2 degrees.

Of those the HR-02 Macho will definitely be the cost/performance choice. They aren't in stock at present, but will be coming in some time in September, according to Kyle Bennett at HardOCP. He had emailed them asking about availability and they said something about a factory going down and delaying shipment of them.

i can get the H100 for $96 shipped with a little credit i got at a store. should i get it and be done with it?

Will the H100 fit well in your case? You have two 120x2 fans next to each other in the case?

Room to mount the rad and fans due to the extra thickness?

i think so, i have the HAF 932 advanced full tower

Back