• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU stock fan 6400 rpm!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d1versify

hello! im new here!

My cpu stock fan runs on 6400 rpm when i play videogames ONLY !
My cpu temperature is max 57Celsius, room temperature 28 celsius, in mid tower, amd FX 6300 !

It all started after i removed it one day so as to blow the dust! When i reinstalled it it started going like that! I changed paste 2 mores times but same thing!

It's being misread, 6400RPM means about as loud as a vacuum cleaner. Not an expensive quiet vacuum cleaner either, we're talking a $45 model :D

Definitely make sure it is plugged in correctly.

I mean check to make sure the heatsink is installed on the CPU the right way around. I'm not sure about the one the OP is using, but some heatsinks will fit backwards on a CPU, with poor contact.

i must reapply thermal paste if i replace the heatsink?

Now on idle it runs on 2300 RPM

i cleaned it with 70% alcohol! did it twice! and still it runs that high

i guess your not placing alot of paste right? and when you place the fan you need to press upon the cpu so it has contact and a thin layer of paste. and is your cpu overclocked?

It's an AMD chip, no snap pins there on the stock heatsink. It's the lever/clamp arrangement if it's the stock heatsink.

TIM_Before_Spread.jpg

Pea-sized.

lol...i placed about the size of an actual pea ;s so you think it runs like that because of too much paste?

Back