• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Stress test, IPDT filed in intel i7 11th Gen.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arksma90

Hi Everyone

When i run a Intel Processor diagnostic Tool in i7 11th Gen, its getting failed, Its a 6 month Old PC,

Can you please suggest any tool to run a stress test which we can set a time for stress test.

CPU 1 - Genuine Intel - Pass.
CPU 1 - BrandString - Pass.
CPU 1 - Cache - Pass.
CPU 1 - MMXSSE - Pass.
CPU 1 - IMC - Pass.
CPU 1 - Prime Number - Pass.
CPU 1 - Floating Point - Pass.
CPU 1 - Math - Fail.
CPU 1 - GPUStressW - Fail.

CPU 1 - CPULoad - Pass.
CPU 1 - CPUFreq - Pass.

All other test passed, only the issue with the Math test and GPUStressW test , May i know what might be the issue with these test ? is my CPU good ? please help experts.

I don't know any we can set a time for... I use the AIDA64 stress test (CPU/FPU/Cache, AVX 512 off) and it works for me and my uses (gaming, some middling photo-work).

You're worried about your processor... but are you seeing any issues outside of this diagnostic? Gaming? Other uses?
Can you list your hardware so we know exactly what you're working with?
Have you updated the BIOS on your motherboard to the latest version?
What are temperatures when running this diagnostic tool?
Are you overclocked? What about the memory? Post screenshots of CPUz including the first tab, mainboard, memory, spd tabs, please.

More information will be useful here. ;)

I'm not familiar with that test. I just ran it on my 11700k and it passed everything. To even start to diagnose more would need more info on the system.

I also use a mix of tests to check for stability. Prime95 small FFT is my starting point. While it only targets the FPU it is a high power/stress so any weaknesses at all there will be shown quickly. Aida64 stress is a more varied workload.

Running IPDT I only heard the fan on my system spin up on the Prime Number sub test. No idea if it is doing anything similar to Prime95 though, but it does appear to support AVX. Implies other test loads are not high power usage without looking at specific power numbers during the tests.

When troubleshooting I'd always go to a baseline configuration as a starting point. Turn off XMP if used in bios. Turn off/disable anything resembling performance enhancement by the bios e.g. multi-core enhancement.

Back