• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temp check

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warren G

Finished installing my first loop this weekend. I have the heatkiller 3.0 waterblock on my cpu and temps are around 50c load, is that normal? I had the H60 before and it was around the same temp. Also have an ek waterblock for my 290 which keeps temps to around 50c load also (coming from 90c with ref cooler). Pump is a swifttech mcp655 and xspc res with black ice stealth II 240 rad.

I have to agree that you could use a little more rad...but those temps are fine.

I wonder what the OP means by "LOAD"...

Stress test both pieces at the same time (run P95 and Unigine Heaven for example) for at least 30 minutes and see what the temps are.

You are really underadded and I am surprised at those temperatures.

If you got your fans screaming running @ 2200 RPM should be ok but you are cutting it. Temps seem pretty good at least for the GPU. You should be getting better CPU temps than the H60 at least some degrees off. As stated before you'll need to properly put enough load so your loop reaches an equilibrium and tell us your temps once that phase is done.

OK, just did a 3 hour run with prime95 and unigine engine at the same time. Max temp for both cpu and gpu hit about 62c. If i add another 240 rad (maybe 280 rad), how much do you think my temps would drop? As for fans, its been at 50% the entire time, forgot to change it to 100% during test :\.

the MOAR RAD the closer you can get to ambient with LESS noise. :)
Depending on circumstances, fannage, positions, ambient temps, etc you might be able to shave off 5-10-15 °C of that 62°C

Back