• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temp Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rohit Shrivasta

I have AMD PHENOM BLACK 9850 CPU with ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard.From the last 2-3 months I am getting an error message at the time of POST stating that CPU Fan Error and CPU Over Temp Error. Press F1 to resume.

When I checked the temp in the BIOS, it's showing CPU Temp is 98 degree celcious [208 deg F] and MotherBoard temp is 45 Deg Celcious [113 deg F] even after cold boot

Please let me know how to overcome this as I am not able to play games and use my system on load because it restarts after some times.

My CPU cabinet is of "I-Ball Mystic" having preinstalled Power supply unit.

Do I need to install liquid cooling system?

If so then please let me know which would be better? And if liquid cooling is not required then please let me know the make and model of other hardwares which would be needed in order to keep my system under normal temp.

Regards
Rohit Shrivastava

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 3,837
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,015
Make sure your fan is spinning and re-paste your cpu after a while it goes right hard and doesn't help to cool the cpu down but put it on finely... too thick and it will not cool down properly i had the same problem sorted it out straight away after putting new paste on

Back