• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temp fluctuating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J0ker

Registered
Is it normal my cpu core temp will be sitting at 25C and jump straight to 35C then back down to 25C? Using HWMonitor. Fluctuations don't occur when I check temps in bios or when CPU is under load like when I'm playing a game.

View My Video

I refreshed a browser page a few times

Last edited:
Very normal. Mine does that too. Things are running in the background in Windows is idling such as indexing, defrag and checking for updates. One ting or anther is running in the background with the modern operating systems. The cores of the CPU will take turns sharing the load of the task.

Joker can you add a signature to your profile like Mr T and I have. It makes things a lot easier for us to know exactly what is in the rig. That said, AMD has stated that there isn't a true sensor for the cores it's an algorithm that really isn't accurate until about 40-45c when under load. At idle my temps fluctuate between 6c and 17c which are both impossible considering I'm cooling with ambient water and my room is about 22c. The socket/cpu temperature is more stable if you're concerned about idle temps.

Last edited:
Is it normal my cpu core temp will be sitting at 25C and jump straight to 35C then back down to 25C? Using HWMonitor. Fluctuations don't occur when I check temps in bios or when CPU is under load like when I'm playing a game.

View My Video

I refreshed a browser page a few times

Your temps won't fluctuate in the bios because there is no load on the cpu. Temps fluctuate very quickly as the cpu loads, idles and loads again.

Back