• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temp´s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PedroAkura

After building the pc , did a temp test to see what values appear with the hwmonitor

sonbg8cut6ryqvbo3aq.png

What you think about those values?

Good?

I´m using a xigmatek dark knight night hawk edition

Welcome to Overclockers ......

Try the test again but under load. AMD temp sensor is horribly calibrated at Idle. Download Prime95 or some similar program and run it for about 20 min ...... this will give you a good baseline on your systems temps.

As bassnut said, idle temps are not very helpful. We need load temps to be able to evaluate the effectiveness of your CPU cooler. So run the Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes with HWMonitor already open and then post another screenie. Your CPU (socket) idle temp looks fairly normal running in the mid 30s C. But the package temp under load is them most important. A lot of motherboard temp sensors don't do a good job at the lower end. Think about it. Does the room temperature of the place where the computer is located feel like it is around 6c? When using an air cooler it is not possible to cool the chip below the temp of the air being used to cool it.

here are the results in load using tue prime95

qfrnkrnrwgcavbg37.png

the board is a ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

Temps, both CPU (socket) and package, are great. You have considerable headroom to overclock if you want but the motherboard will be a limiting factor in that regard. The M5A97 Evo does not have strong power phase components. A general rule of thumb for the FX CPUs is that we want to keep CPU temps from exceeding 70c and package temps from exceeding 60c. But your package temps are so low, even under load that I wonder if they are accurate. Especially since there is a 17c spread between max package temps max CPU temps. Might want to keep that in mind if you overclock.

Last edited:
for what i´ve seen about the cooler that i have , comparing it to a radiator, i think it was corsair H100i , it had a few degrees more when load but the difference were 4 or 5 degrees celsious , so for the price it seems to be good for overclocking

anyone has as hydro H100i or something like that ?

can post the temps to see the actual difference between mine?

anyone has as hydro H100i or something like that ?

can post the temps to see the actual difference between mine?
It will be tough to make a comparison like that due to so many different factors. Case air flow, components in the system ambient temperatures etc... The Xigmatek Dark Knight is one of the better Air heatsinks out there.

If this helps at all: download core temp and offset the temperatures by 15-20C on all cores. I did a 20C offset just to be safe. The readings still won't be perfectly accurate but it's a good indicator. This is especially frustrating when overclocking. Hope that helps :)

Back