• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED CPUID or Bios, which is wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overfiendk

My bios is set to 1.475v for my core, but cpuid is showing 1.52 on idle & up to 1.56 load. Its a 955 BE c2 @ 3.8 and had a flicker of hope I could have pushed it that bit further up to 4ghz. It gets very unstable without the extra volts, so is the hardware monitor right & much further my cpu wont live long at 4ghz or is it reading it off & to beleve my mobo setting is right?

Mobo ASRock M3A770DE, Corsair psu, temps under 50c full load 20min test
(yea I know I should have got the c3 955, didnt know there was 2 types till after I got it)

My bios is set to 1.475v for my core = Don't know 'how' you set 1.475 in bios but if not done in a certain manner then there are other settings in bios that will raise or lower the voltage according to how the board senses the load on cpu.

cpuid is showing 1.52 on idle & up to 1.56 load = HWMonitor is 'reading' a voltage and not "setting" a voltage. It is showing the more actual voltages that are being used.

Setting a voltage and reading a voltage are not in anyway the same. One is doing something and the other is reading what has been done.

Unfortunatly my motherboard is quite basic, with only the vcore & NBv controls for the cpu on it & I am aware that will fluctuate with workload, but 0.05v is quite a difference between the idle & bios setting. I didnt know if it was the software reading it inaccurately.
I'll go with your advice & use the montior

Back