• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpuid software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigwils1

Registered
What gives me the most accurate temps for my fx 8120 is it core,cputin or twpin3 because i no the max is 61c on this cpu anything overthat i get throttled im assuming and is it safe anyway to go over 61c if so by how far?

I'm not familiar with twpin3 but my favorite is HWMonitor since it gives so much information about various temps and voltages.

I'm not familiar with twpin3 but my favorite is HWMonitor since it gives so much information about various temps and voltages.

I would certainly have to agree with 'trents' here on CPUID's Hardware Monitor. WE are nearly a year now into using HWMonitor in the forum to see temps for 100s of posters. WE have gotten the hang of HWM and how it displays temps on late Thubans and now the FX-series of processor.

Familiar reading patterns and ability to look at other peeps captures, is to me a prime reason to use HWMonitor. Of course one can use anything they wish when not trying to get help in the forum as has been stated before.

Now I will say this, most everyone is cheap, but with the use of HWM free version in the forum, we can get most anyone to get on the same page.

I have 'tried' the 30 day trial of Argus Monitor and am impressed with the way they describe HOW temps are calculated and then displayed and that includes the late AMD cpus. IF the person writing the software is both wise enough and kind enough to speak to the 'why' and 'how' of cpu temp measurements, then I give him a bow.

At about $20.00 Usd and $15.00 in UK monies it is not really a high price for some solace in why and how you get your temperature readings.
Argus Monitor
Monitoring temperatures and status of system components such as CPU, GPU and hard disk drive.

You could certainly try it yourself for 30 days and read the site on how and why the temps are displayed in the program.

I don't care much for temp monitoring and thus I have not purchased Argus Monitor, but I have used it for the trail period on one of my older rigs and was impressed as stated earlier.

I used the information at Agus Monitor site to settle in my mind how to read the silly temps we have seen lately with Thuban/FX processors and I still give that programmer and site kudos for being pretty straight up. RGone...ster.

Well I am off to Kingston shortly and will look into it more on the weekend. Then its back to work Tuesday till my house sells, my hollidays are over.

Back