• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPUTIN & AUXTIN temprature too HIGH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saravanan Muthu

Hi guys,

I am new here and need help in figuring out an issue with my CPUTIN & AUXTIN value in HW Monitor. I recently upgraded my system which has a DP55KG mobo and Intel i5 750 processor from 32 bit to 64 bit, and changed my 4 GB RAM to 12 GB RAM. After that I monitored my system temperatures using the HW Monitor software for 64 bit and the CPUTIN & AUXTIN values are very high & low. You can see in the image that CPUTIN value has a maximum high as 450+ degree and this sometimes goes above 500 also but the thing is this never goes after the system starts. This high value I believe it gets from the start of the System when the OS boots itself. While running it goes upto 120+ degrees and the minimum sometimes goes to 1 or any single digit value. And the AUXTIN on the contrast shows a very lower value all the time. I have to remind you that I have a GPU XFX 8600 GT 1 GB RAM, this model usually comes with a FAN but mine broke down few years ago and its still working under 100 degree without any issues. I have removed the processor heat sink twice cleaned it and reapplied thermal paste, and my processor heat sink is cooler master Hyper 212 Plus
So please advise me what the issue might be and wheather I should be worried. Thank you

CPUID.jpg CPUID2.jpg

Hi guys,

I am new here and need help in figuring out an issue with my CPUTIN & AUXTIN value in HW Monitor. I recently upgraded my system which has a DP55KG mobo and Intel i5 750 processor from 32 bit to 64 bit, and changed my 4 GB RAM to 12 GB RAM. After that I monitored my system temperatures using the HW Monitor software for 64 bit and the CPUTIN & AUXTIN values are very high & low. You can see in the image that CPUTIN value has a maximum high as 450+ degree and this sometimes goes above 500 also but the thing is this never goes after the system starts. This high value I believe it gets from the start of the System when the OS boots itself. While running it goes upto 120+ degrees and the minimum sometimes goes to 1 or any single digit value. And the AUXTIN on the contrast shows a very lower value all the time. I have to remind you that I have a GPU XFX 8600 GT 1 GB RAM, this model usually comes with a FAN but mine broke down few years ago and its still working under 100 degree without any issues. I have removed the processor heat sink twice cleaned it and reapplied thermal paste, and my processor heat sink is cooler master Hyper 212 Plus
So please advise me what the issue might be and wheather I should be worried. Thank you

HWMonitor does not always read the sensor right and gives false readings, This is from different manufactures of the sensors, HWMonitor can't have all the spec's on them in it's data base :).
Your core readings is good, that's about the only thing HWMonitor gets right :)

Oh thank you so much for your reply. I was really afraid seeing the readings, now that you have confirmed to check only the core temperature i am relieved.

Thank you

Back