• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crash to Desktop in PUBG after the latest update...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Is anyone else seeing this happen to them? In the course of say a 2 hour gaming session, it may crash twice back to the desktop in that time span. It will then allow me to send info about the crash which I sometimes do (other times I need to get back in the game!). System is 7960x (happened at stock and only the game crashes) 4x8GB DDR4 3600 (tried at 2666 as well), and 2080Ti FE.

I've been lucky most times and in a house or something able to get back into a game (a la Avatar style, :rofl:). Running the latest windows 10, 417.35 driver (trying the latest that is from Decemeber).

I'll report back on the driver.

No. Sorry. We do not promote the use of computers on this site. However, if you wish to pursue this avenue, we can point you to some very well appointed outdoor activities to help keep you in healthy mental shape. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me and we'll see if there is some way to help you out. If you found this to be helpful, please give it a "like" and let the owners of this site know what a good job I've done. Thanks in advance.

mmm... Ok...........

Anyway, this reminds me... I haven't creashed like that for a while. I know there has been at least one update...

Hrm. I was having this issue for a bit, but adjusting my sub timings using the DRAM calculator seemed to fix it. I also notice that the most recent AMD driver included a fix for PUBG crashes. But this is basically apples to oranges since I'm running an AMD/AMD system and you're using an Intel/nVidia setup.

Is anyone else seeing this happen to them? In the course of say a 2 hour gaming session, it may crash twice back to the desktop in that time span. It will then allow me to send info about the crash which I sometimes do (other times I need to get back in the game!). System is 7960x (happened at stock and only the game crashes) 4x8GB DDR4 3600 (tried at 2666 as well), and 2080Ti FE.

I've been lucky most times and in a house or something able to get back into a game (a la Avatar style, :rofl:). Running the latest windows 10, 417.35 driver (trying the latest that is from Decemeber).

I'll report back on the driver.

Yep, PUBG crashes pretty randomly. Sometimes midgame sometimes in the lobby.

I do still crash randomly... though not nearly as frequently. Maybe every other time I play now instead of multiple times per gaming session. Reverting to all stock didnt help...but it is.playable now.

For me, it seems to happen when I hit tab for inventory and moving around searching inventory.

Maybe try uninstalling any sort of monitoring app? MSI Afterburner (etc). I found that helped a couple crashes in a couple other games I was having.

I'll give it a try! But, I typically do not run anything when gaming in the first place.

Back