• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy Temps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I cant tell by the pic, but have both fans blowing INTO the case, do NOT suck hot case air through the rads.

Well...what can I change w/o moding my case
Would changing the routing really help that much?? Thanks!

Why did you use fluid xp and a dye? the dye makes it able to conduct electricity, unless you know where to get a non-conductive dye. plz tell me if you do.

I was unaware that the dye was conductive. ANyways, Should I be using something else? Could the fluid XP cause this high temps?

No its not from the fluid xp. Try some of the solutions stated above and then tell us what happens. Also if you want the water to change color with out additives use coolsleves.

Turn the back rad on its side if you have space and put a fan under it. If the case has a fan on the front reverse it to blow air out as the rad fans blow air in.

In your pic, it may just be my eyes ,but it looks like you have a kink where the tube connects to the cpu block.

Unfortuantly, I cannot have the rads on the front due to hard drives being there and having no other place to put them

are they behind the pump? cause it looks like you could get one of em below the 3.5 bay if you push the pump out. If this is the case I would move the one near the PSU.

It was a kink but I used cool sleeves to keep it unkinked lol. So...will chaging the air flow from back to front really help out my temps. What should I aim for as temps? If i decide to rebuild the system, should I run the rads in parallel? ANy other advice will help!

If I should do anything, what is the order that I should try things in? Thanks!
This high of temp seems to be much worse then rad\fan placement. Is there anything else big that I can look for? The one thing that sticks out to me is the parallel\series rads.

Last edited:
I have already tried changing the fan directions and remounting the cpu block twice. Should I try unhooking the vga block and considering taking it out of the loop? Would the next step be rebuilding the system? Thanks!

-Jason

Swiftech claims a 5c-7c drop in temps with two 80mm rads in parallel. If your CPU is idling at 50c a 7c drop would put you 43c which is more respectable.

The fact that Abit boards report higher temps than Asus boards, however each arives at its temp, should not be overlooked. Chances are you’re within acceptable limits. I had an Abit IS7 on my first watercooled rig and it reported super high temps after I replaced the Heat sink fan with a waterblock. I think removing the CPU cooling fan may cause the board to panic in a since and report higher temps. Try pluging a fan into the CPU spot on the board and see if it makes a difference.

Within the next few weeks, I will def try moving to parallel. Anything else big that I can try? I have a fan plugged into cpu fan power, and it does nothing (theoretically, it shouldn't do anything but you never know ;) )

Back