• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CrazyPC.com, reputable dealer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

As my title implies, is CrazyPC.com a reputable dealer you guys/gals would recommend?

Thought I'd ask because I stumbled upon their site the other day when I was looking for a few cooling supplies, but I was hesitant to make a purchase, being that I'd never heard of them before and don't know anyone who's dealt with them.

Yeah. They used to be based really close to me. I'm pretty sure IMOG actually knows the guys who used to run it when it was in MI. They sold it a couple months ago, it's under new management and based in Florida. I ordered a bunch of stuff during the clearout sale, shipping was dirt cheap and everything came quick and EXTREMELY well packaged.

Haven't ordered anything since they changed hands though due to increased shipping costs.

Same here. Ordered once because they had a few things not available elsewhere but that was a couple years ago.

If the new management kept the procedures and quality of service the same, then they should be decent. But if it's like Xoxide post-change, then it's going to be another expensive site with a few "oops we're out" after you ordered & paid for things.

Hmm, it seems I may be the guinea pig if I decide to make a purchase from them then.

Interesting, the new address and phone is the same as Performance-pcs. I wonder if they bought them? Not that it would be bad or anything.

My very first ground-up self build was from CrazyPC - a 'cherry' batch Celeron 266 and Abit BH6 motherboard combo. Aah, memories, not that it has much to do with the current business or reputation. I have also bought from PerformancePCs and they are fine, if a touch pricey but they have stock when others don't and ship quickly.

I actually did end up making a purchase from them a while back.

Everything went fine, shipping was quick, and my order arrived in good condition with everything I ordered being in the box.

Would like to note though that the new owners hadn't fully updated the site yet, as when I made the purchase it mentions that if you have to return an item to send it to an address other than what is shown under the contact information (I'm assuming it was the previous owner's address).

Just made my second purchase with them, much less satisfying than the first I'm afraid.

One item I purchased (Thermalright Ultra 120 wire fan clips)was on back-order and not in their warehouse.-They did at least call me to tell me this the day after I'd placed the order. To this very day it still says on their website that the item I ordered is in stock and ready to ship though. A little troubling, but I'll let it slide for now, as long as they either eventually send me the item or refund my money I'll be okay with that. I know businesses sometimes run out of stock and don't update their inventory listings right away, and it's more difficult to keep track with a large business. Luckily this isn't an item I need urgently, otherwise I'd be complaining much more.

Then when I receive the other item I ordered it arrives it a plain mailing box with no padding whatsoever, just a plain plastic bag to protect my items in transit. Luckily nothing was damaged, but I was a little bothered by the fact that when I picked up the box I could hear things rolling around inside it. Well, that and it looked like someone had stomped on the box or dropped something on it.

Last edited:
Back