• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creative Ideas Stock i5 Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davidleebjr

Looking to see if anyone has any creative ideas of what I can do with this POS i5 stock cooler now that i'm water cooled?

also have this 200mm fan i have no use for from a carbide 500r case.

Throw me your ideas people :screwy: :screwy:

i frankensteined mine into a 478 socket cooler just used some steel flatbar to go across it and bolt to the mobo backplate and got the fan on as good as it would go and ziptied it, works great and better than the old 478 one lol oh yea i cut off the pushpins too

Mini jet turbine or do you have any RC cars/ planes? A propeller or this is more of an experimental thing but u could see if it works like a dremel and cut the fan of; stick a drill bit or something on there and see how well it cuts. I had a GREAT idea earlier in my head but ill tell you it if it comes to mind. Ill keep thinking. Could you post some pics of the bottom where it makes contact with the CPU whatever you call it?

EDIT: So I got the idea back, you ever see the wind turbines along the 10 Freeway in CA if you live in the US? Well, maybe you coulda get a PWM limiter, or voltage regulator to lower the RPM's, and perhaps generate electricity from that, now that I realize those ideas up there are stupid, I would love to try this for myself. Time to go on eBay and buy myself a stock cooler and try this! :attn:

Last edited:
Back