• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creative WHAT ARE U DOING??!?!?!!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Prodigious said:
Creative has A LOT they could do to improve their cards.

First of all DD live and DTS connect would be really nice. $60-70 mid range cards from several other manufacturers have had it for a long *** time yet even creatives top of the line 300 dollar cards have never supported it. It's not exactly hard to incorporate it on a card, licensing fees are probably more of an issue than any kind of technical obstacles.

Stop resampling everything internally to 48khz. X-Fi overcame some issues with resampling(still does it) but it's still not optimal to have to downsample certain sources so the card can apply effects.

Improve the dacs. PLEASE. The burr browns on the top model were nice but the ones on every other version arent very good and there's no reason they couldn't use slightly higher quality components, it wouldn't drive up the price very much at all.

There's an assload of new audio formats now that HDDVD and Blu-Ray are out. Adding support for those would be nice, since they are going to be the standard eventually.

PCI-E interface. This is a no brainer. At the very least they need some models that will actually work with future pcs. It'd be sad of creative's flagship stuff only worked on legacy interfaces.

Replace breakout boxes with daughter cards. I love extra connections as much as the next person, but having tons of cables hanging out of the front of my pc doesn't appeal to me. Put it in the back where it belongs please.

All of those things are extremely reasonable and already exist on other cards that are cheaper than a lot of creative's line up.

What's this about 48? Mine can output 96KHz PCM on the digital out, when I set it to do so. My receicer even reports it as such.

evolved_st8 said:
So has anyone heard if CL is doing ANYTHING AT ALL? The X-FI is getting old. Isnt it about time to go to the NEXT LEVEL. Just curious. I love my X-Fi but doesnt it seem we are about due for whats next?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! What the hell are you talking about?

This is *audio* for goodness sake. And what do you mean it's "gotten old"... it's a freakin' SOUND CARD. Can you not *hear it* anymore or something?

I don't know... maybe you can overclock it. Make the music faster or something... Put a subwoofer next to a fish tank and freeze it...

Just throwing some ideas out there. :)

What they need to do is make high-tech tiny *** speakers and tiny sound cards ... imagine blasting your mp3 files in your cell phone inside the car... w00t no need for an expensive stero system lol.

Man the ring tones that plays parts of songs sound freakin' horrible...

Word! Creative needs to dump the current line-up and start making some ring tones!

Mr. Roboto said:
What's this about 48? Mine can output 96KHz PCM on the digital out, when I set it to do so. My receicer even reports it as such.

The sound card resamples everything internally to 48KHz before any effect are applied, and for certain cards, even when no effects are being applied and all its doing is playing back audio, regardless of what sample rate the original file is at or what format your outputting. Yes, it will still output in the format you want, but it still resamples regardless.

Guess we can just wait and see whats the next thing someone does will be. Tired of waiting although

Back