• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Credit per Day on my hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FloridaBear

Based on a moderate sampling of recently completed blocks, here are my numbers. On each card (GTX-260 and GTX-460), I'm running 2 blocks at a time using the latest (0.38) Lunatics optimized client. The GTX 260 is clocked at 680 core and the GTX-460 is clocked at 805 core. My Core i7 is currently at 3.8 GHz, and my Core2 Duo is at 2.4 GHz.

GTX-260: ~15900 credits per day.
GTX-460: ~20200 credits per day.
Core [email protected]: ~6600 credits per day (3 cores crunching, 2200 per core)
[email protected]: ~1460 credits per day.

So that gives me a theoretical 44000 per day give or take (assuming 24/7). But it won't be enough to keep up with Landon Oswalt!

I don't know the recent switch to the new credit system has affected these numbers--I suspect they are lower than they would be on the old system. But that's just a guess.

Also, on the 1GB GTX 260 at least, running 2 at a time does not seem to adversely affect production. I don't think I was getting any more out of it running 1 at a time.

By the way, I think it might be nice to compile some numbers from some other recent hardware. If you don't have anonymous hosts and you can tell me what hardware you're running, I'd be happy to add to this list.

It would be nice if SETI tracked points for GPU separately from the CPU. This would allow a cleaner determination of point productivity.

If points are what you seek, it is obvious that GPU's are the only way to go.

As my old farm animals fade away I'll be replacing them with GPU's instead of new boxes.

Just in case others are interested and are running Win 7, there are a couple of cool gadgets that I use to monitor things: All CPU Meter and GPU Observer.

Attachments

• monitors.png
    monitors.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 123
Nice!! Yeah my i72600k has broken 10k RAC. It will,hopefully, have vid cards in it sometime and one core to feed them.

My AMD machine has been clocked to stock to check stability. So far so good with an extra unlocked core. I plan on OC'ing it more soon, but the main crunch power on that box is the GTX260 and GTX460 both crunching 2 units at a time. It is over 30k RAC now and still climbing some.

GTX260: Stock: 648Mhz
GTX460: 750Mhz

Nice!! Yeah my i72600k has broken 10k RAC. It will,hopefully, have vid cards in it sometime and one core to feed them.

My AMD machine has been clocked to stock to check stability. So far so good with an extra unlocked core. I plan on OC'ing it more soon, but the main crunch power on that box is the GTX260 and GTX460 both crunching 2 units at a time. It is over 30k RAC now and still climbing some.

GTX260: Stock: 648Mhz
GTX460: 750Mhz

Eroc, how many cores are you crunching with? With or without HT? Clock speed? [Edit: I see 4635 in your sig.]

Yeah that is correct. HT is on so 8 cores. Even if I could get a higher clock w/o HT but would not do as much RAC.

Back