• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Critique My First Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koiking

Hi all,

I've almost completed my first WC build. I'm probably using too much EK stuff but it's the most readily available.

Have the following gear:

XSPC 3x120mm Radiator
EK Spin Res
EK Supreme Full Copper
EK GTX480 sli waterblocks + serial bridge
Swiftech DCP655 + Silver mod + bitspower d5 mod
bitspower G1/4 1/2 compression fittings
tygon 3603 1/2 ID tubing
noctua nf-sb12b flx x 3 fans
primochill ice coolant
corsair obsidian 800d case
stock 140mm corsair fans

i've had to use a dremel to slice off 2 of the bay sliders off the 800d's case to fit the dual bay res but it fits nicely now. had some issues with the fittings being too big to fit side to side so some of them are rotary.

asus p6t mobo (can't find waterblock; will upgrade to evga at later stage)
i7 920 (will OC past 4.0ghz)
6GB ram
gtx 480 sli
auzentech meridian 2g

the loop goes

pump -> res -> radiator -> cpu block -> gtx sli bridge -> pump

ok if i could ask a few questions to complete the build (tuesday maybe)

first: radiator mounting

alot of the youtube vids i see they mount the fans first then the radiator. fan mounting screws are far too short to reach through the fan holes into the radiator. what screws can i use? the fans are currently mounted under the radiator. M2x20mm?

second:
will i be needing a second mcp655 in this setup? will the flow be sufficient for this a single loop?

lastly:
my fans will be setup as such

top 3x1200mm radiator fans - 3 intake
back 140mm - output
bottom 140mm - intake

is there a more optimal way?

thanks

one mcp655 should be fine. I'd probably put all the fans as exhaust except the rad fans to decrease the positive pressure in the case a little and move a bit more air through the rad.

Back