• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair IV OC Utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

I have a CH IV and a 1090T - no matter how good the cooling, the board always auto clocks to 232 MHz.

Has anyone got the same setup and tried the push button overclock? Do you get the same results?

I havent tried another chip in there, but would be interested to know how other chips work, or if the board simply checks how fast it can clock itself.

I can push the CPU / board further, but not by much - any guesses as to what it could be? Tried differing HT / CPUNB settings, but still can't get much better than a 240MHz 1.4v OC (I have tried several other settings that people have said works - I know each chip / board is different).

The only thing that I have always kept the same is the RAM - Corsair 1600 MHz Dominator 8/8/8/24 - could this be holding me back? :shrug:

You've turned down the RAM, HT Link, cpuNB, and CPU multipliers and all you can get is 240 MHz on the clock? That does sound right for that board. Maybe there's a communications problem. Could you post CPU-Z shots for CPU, Memory, and SPD so we can see what you're talking about ...?

Hi QuietIce - I havent experimented that much, I was just interested to see what other people have had their board set itself to when they hit the OC button.

I could possibly dabble more and get a better OC, but each time I try something it doesnt work as I hoped.

I am currently folding with 240x16.5 and it seems rock stable. In fact I have Chrome, Outlook and a couple of RDP sessions open on the same PC with no problems.

By biggest problem is that I need it to be a 24/7 OC that doesn't get tooooo hot so that the system can stay quiet if not silent.

I get the same OC from the board wether I have the fans on full or on silent.

At the moment I just want to see if the board should change depending on what is available - or just have set OCs for certain chips etc.

Am now folding on 245x16 (3920 GHz) with no voltage or other changes and been stable since last post..

I have the same board and for me the o/c button puts me at 3.8ghz with 1.425v which is almost hilarious since I can run 4ghz with that voltage and be stable enough to game or run vantage with out crashing but folding or prime blend mode for 30 min give me a blue screen. I think the o/c button is a guesstimate based on the chip but as with the o/c tune program its always more voltage than what is actually required.

I've never even pushed that button. I just did all my OCing from the BIOS, it's a bit more efficient imho.

I agree - I am just interested to see if everyone with the same chip/mobo combo gets the same OC when they press the button or run the OC Utility in the BIOS.

I have had the CPU running at 4.1 GHz stable for a day folding, but backed off due to the extra heat causing more noise, also I didn't noticed "that" much difference in games etc.

I keep dabbling with the OC, but the "Button OC" is definitely 100% stable, and cool enough to be almost silent even when folding cpu & gpu.

Back