• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair V formula and FX6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dradien

Hello all!

First post here, found it googling around for overclocking info for my newly purchased Crosshair V mobo and incoming FX6100.

Does anyone have these two and what are your results with overclocking? I'm coming from a Biostar TA790 GXE 128m and a Phenom II x3 720, which I get to 3.4 Ghz with the 4th core unlocked. I can get 3.6, but the voltages make me a little uneasy (1.55).

Anyway, this seems like a nice community, so happy to be here. I don't know how much help I can be to peeps that need it, but I'll try.

Welcome...

:welcome: Have a good time. You can search the forums with the search feature for CrosshairV and can turn up about 6-8 threads about the CHV with FX processor that I have seen. That is about the most over the last few months that I have seen. Most people do not post but look instead so search will turn up more than a post 'asking' usually.

It's more important that you learn how to overclock than it is finding someone who has your same combo so they can give you plug and play bios values.

RGone: Thanks for the welcome, and the link, heading over there now.

Trents: I know how to overclock, I was asking what other people have achieved, not how to get there.

Back