• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair VI hero Flashing when press start button

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagnerfc92

Hey guys!

First sorry if i post in the wrong place, and sorry for my bad english.

So i have the specs:

ryzen 1800x
Crosshair VI hero rev 1.03
16 GB g skill ( f4-3200c14d-16gtzr)
240 gb samsung evo pro
amd R9 280
corsair TX850

So what happens is when i push the start button the mother board start flashing the leds the Q code flash the number 8 and the fans spins very slow.

i already stick one memory, mount the pc outside the case, flash the last bios(1201) and beta bios (9945) and i'm getting the same error dont boot.I think i need RMA but idk if the CPU is ok because the CPU led flash red.

Something definitely is off. Has it ever booted? Or did this just happen? How old is this PSU ?

never booted the PSu has 3 years, but i tested the PSU today its power on other computer.

i try to boot without the Memory, gpu, ssd and heatsink... happens the same thing

If you bought it locally I'd take the whole thing in and let them figure out whether it the board or the CPU. You could try removing the CPU and check it for bent pins. Usually though if there's a problem it stays lit with code "8". Yours is just cycling on and off which makes me think something in the mix just isn't working.

If you bought it locally I'd take the whole thing in and let them figure out whether it the board or the CPU. You could try removing the CPU and check it for bent pins. Usually though if there's a problem it stays lit with code "8". Yours is just cycling on and off which makes me think something in the mix just isn't working.

Yup i will send back the mobo and CPU i think have somenthing more there too beacuse don't power up and my PSU is OK, thanks for the help :D

Back