• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CRT dying soon? Viewsonic P95F+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

My wife has a 19" flat crt Viewsonic P95F+ thats a few years old now. Lately this thing has been emitting high frequency whines and occasionally really loud screeches that don't stop for quite a while. The video also sometimes turns into a multi colored garble that flicker from black screen, to the colors, and back to black. It will do this until she turns off the monitor and leaves it off for a while. Should we be looking for a new monitor for her soon? I've always replaced my monitors before they got anywhere close to dying so I'm not too knowledgeable about CRT death. :O

Tyranos said:
My wife has a 19" flat crt Viewsonic P95F+ thats a few years old now. Lately this thing has been emitting high frequency whines and occasionally really loud screeches that don't stop for quite a while. The video also sometimes turns into a multi colored garble that flicker from black screen, to the colors, and back to black. It will do this until she turns off the monitor and leaves it off for a while. Should we be looking for a new monitor for her soon? I've always replaced my monitors before they got anywhere close to dying so I'm not too knowledgeable about CRT death. :O
This sounds like the power supply is dying for it. I had a monitor die after making those noises and stretching the screen where there was a fair amount of brightness. I'd just replace if it is not under warranty (LCD ftw!).

EDIT: and you double posted btw...lol :p

Back