• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS 1.6 LAN Edition over VPN ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
A vpn is a virtual private network ? which can be done over the internet right, so if i weere to host a lan server and i had vpn setup with my brother would he be able to join as if were on the same lan ?

Why not just host a dedicated server and have you and your brother play on that? Unless I guess you're having a lan and your brother isn't going to be there, but wants to play with you?

just host the server on the internet, when you connect to it your people on the LAN will connect to the private IP (most likely a 192.168.x.x) address. Your brother will have to connect to the public one found at this website.

http://www.myip.dk/

Keep in mind you will have to forword the port 27015 (I think thats it) if thats the port you are using to the machine that is hosting the game. Just use the internet don't worry about a VPN or any of that, makes it way too complicated.

Back