• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cs: cdkey banned for nothing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

well i went to play cs and dod like every other day ..but it keep giveing me this error saying that i was banned due to past viliotions..

well i never have cheated on cs or dod or any halflife mods. but it keeps saying i am baned from my cd key.. i am unsure why but who knows? maybe someone fould my password and such and used it ?? i am unsure but all i know is i am relly :argue: at them..so ...

anything i could do? i might go and buy the game again.. its only 20 dollers ..but shold i wait till halflife 2 comes out and buy that??...

i dont know.. all i know is that i am banned for some unknowen thing.

Contact valve and ask why you were banned, they might give you a new key if yours has been stolen.

Hey, i was a casual fan of cs. One day i try to log in, and all this new steam stuff is in now. So i finish signing up,etc. And i find my cd is also banned? i could try calling them i guess, but wth? i just forgot about it, because i havn't played cs in years.

Sounds to me like somebody stole your cd key. Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. He called Valve and like ONI said, pay $10 and they will issue a new key. But you need to mail in the old cd key as proof of purchase.

shold i wait till halflife 2 comes out

that will be when? this year?

what i would do is go down to a used game shop and buy the original halflife i always see tons of them for like 5 bucks

The cd key has likely been used and installed in somebody's name on the used games. Remember, you have to give a e-mail address with your cd key to play cs 1.6. If you are in a hurry, I suggest buying a new game from the store.

i guess i can just send in for a order of that new mod that came out.. been wanting to play it..guess i can now.. dont relly care for the price

Back