• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cs not installed and no option to install even though I bouth HL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

Cs not installed and no option to install even though I bought HL

So I just bought half life. and to my knowledge I was underthe impression that Half life came with CS, and then CS:CZ was a seperate program that you could buy if you wanted to play CS with better textures and sor other point less stuff

well there is no install counterstrike option in the my games list, and if you go to normal CS in the store it just gives you the option to buy CS:CZ, where the heck is just normal cs, and why didnt it get added to my games list when i bought HL? or why ist there at least the option to buy normal CS for like $5

Last edited:
Just HL

orginally just HL came with CS though, cause CS was a free mod for HL, all my friends have CS and they bought HL when it originally came out, no anthology or anything

that was cs 1.5 :( Sorry to disapoint you.

They do sell online though cs 1.6 and cs:cz for $15 which is a pretty good deal.

Goodluck

I still think they should have a cheaper option for orginal CS, Its kind of a bummer its no longer included, im not going to buy it though as I have CS:S, and I think $15 for a 6 year old mod is a rip off

Having to pay for ANY mod is a rip off. I don't remember having to pay for action Q2 or Q3 urban terror. :rolleyes:

I know I should have bought HL2 silver, but after you buy the bronze version there is no upgrade to silver option, you have to pay like an addtional $40 to get all the stuff silver came with

TheGreySpectre said:
I know I should have bought HL2 silver, but after you buy the bronze version there is no upgrade to silver option, you have to pay like an addtional $40 to get all the stuff silver came with

cause valve and steaam = crap and are money snatchers they disabled my account for credid card fraud while i bought this game in the store so had to buy it again

maxio098ui said:
cause valve and steaam = crap and are money snatchers they disabled my account for credid card fraud while i bought this game in the store so had to buy it again

That's ridiculous. What happened there?

I'm confused. If I buy Half-life (the original one from 1998, not HL2) will I be able to download Counterstrike as a mod for free or not?

I dont know thats what I did, I bouth half life, the one from 1998 and it says normal CS will cost me an additional $15

:drool: o_O :drool:, This is bs. Counter strike is a free mod with HL, if they are charging you for it, then its a scam. This is first time i hear that cs doesnt come with hl. What a ****ing rip off. TFC, DOD, CS is a free mod when u purchase HL (did i get this one wrong, if yes pls correct me)

ps2cho said:
that was cs 1.5 :( Sorry to disapoint you.

They do sell online though cs 1.6 and cs:cz for $15 which is a pretty good deal.

Goodluck

I have no idea what ur talking about :rolleyes:, they never charged ppl for the upgrade to play 1.6 (everyone who bought once HL played cs beta 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and now they play 1.6)
If u didnt want to buy HL they used to sell cs retail for $20-$30 idk how it is now.

Well this proves my point that steam is getting worse and worse day by day. And their VAC 2 is just e-mazing, they really improved on the anti-cheat program that should ban hackers, but it prefers to ban innocent players that dont hack.

Oh yeah, if I want DOD, thats another $10 and if I want TFC thats another $10

now I have no problem paying money for things like opposing force which originally costed money, but I should not have to pay money for DOD, CS and the such since they are mods

Back