• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Current Newegg Woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rdytorave

IMHO Newegg's service has really declined lately. I'm copying and pasting what info was in the emails I've been exchanging.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

Please accept our humblest apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

After reviewing your account, your order # ****** and ****** have been shipped on 11/29 with tracking numbers ******** and ********. You may visit www.fedex.com for the most up-to-date delivery information. If you do not want one of them, you may simply refuse one of the packages upon delivery. When you refuse a delivery attempt from FedEx, the package is marked "return to sender" and shipped back to Newegg. Once it arrives, it will automatically generate an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. At that point you will receive email updates as to the status of your refund which will generally take place 2-3 business days after the return arrives. You will be refunded the full amount (as long as everything gets back to us) including shipping. We will place the funds back on to your source of payment.

The reason why we charged you twice is because that your order # ***** was not voided. That means we may continue to attempt address verification and charge your MasterCard. We apologize for any confusion.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs <http://www.newegg.com/app/faq.asp> page or you may call our customer service department and one of our representatives will be able to assist you.

Thank you,

Lionel
Newegg Customer Support
Email: [email protected]
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 11:44 AM
To: cs.service.wh1(ne).us
Subject: Very Frustrated Here

I am a frequent Newegg shopper, and am considering no longer purchasing from your company. This is the second time I have ordered something, received an email from Newegg stating the credit card was declined, re-ordered the item with another credit card, AND BEEN BILLED FOR BOTH.

Now I’ve got two Lite-On DVD-RW Drives coming to my house… and I’m out $60 when I really needed it. My Visa card pulls directly from my checking account, so I am out $60 of Christmas gift money. Being a young, hard-working college student, that money means a lot to me. I need this resolved quickly. This is the second time I have received a “Credit card declined” email and been billed anyway. I have recommended Newegg to several friends and colleagues. To have this happen now is frustrating. Please resolve the problem.

Aggravated,

David

Here's what I just sent out:

This is the 2nd time this has happened. I have already refused delivery on one identical package from another order about a month ago. You should consider revising your credit authorization email procedure. Do not send me an email saying the order was declined unless the order was declined and voided. I need this money now. I’m a college student and don’t have a lot of cash. Newegg has jeopardized my tuition for next semester. Newegg’s failure to void a declined credit card order is not my problem.

Help me out here. Please forward my problems to your supervisor. I’ve spent a fair amount of money at Newegg over the years and have never had a problem until the last few months. I’ve also recommended Newegg to several friends and family members. Being a business student, I know a simple rule. An unhappy customer tells an average of 10 people about their problems with the company. A happy customer tells an average of 4 people about the benefits of the same company.

I need that Visa money back or to be compensated in some other fair manor. Newegg used to be a great place to shop, but if I am not accommodated I will go to Zip Zoom Fly from now on. I will also be sure to tell all of my friends and family to shop somewhere else. I hope this is not my last purchase through Newegg. Please compensate me as best you can.

Regretfully,

David

Am I asking something unfair here guys? It seems reasonable to me. Also note the email address for Newegg customer support. cs.service.whine???

Seems rude to me.

Back