• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Build Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krazlus

Registered
CPU - AMD FX 8350
Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 101
MOBO - ASRock Fatal1ty 970 Performance
Ram - 8gb 4x2 2133mhz G.SKILL Ripjaws X or Corsair Vengeance
GPU - AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB GDDR5
PSU Corsair but not sure on watt size
MHD - 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue
SSD - 64GB ADATA SP900

Which ram should i use G.Skill or Corsair V?
What psu should i use?
I will not be overclocking anything in my system!

Please post model numbers of the RAM.

Not overclocking? You're throwing away free performance.

I don't overclock because i prefer to not use more wattage, heat, and that chance of something going out sooner than intended.

I would rather be safe than sorry cause i am a gamer that would rather take the safe route and keep my hardware for the life time it is intended to have.

- - - Updated - - -

For the most part i need to know what wattage cpu i will need for these components

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are worried about heat and power consumption, why are you using AMD in the first place? Intel is much more power efficient and puts out a lot less heat...

That said, we all overclock, so long as temperatures are in order as well as voltage, I would bet money it would last its useful lifetime without issue.

What do you mean "what wattage CPU"? You already have one chosen...???? What are you using this PC for?

If you are worried about heat and power consumption, why are you using AMD in the first place? Intel is much more power efficient and puts out a lot less heat...

That said, we all overclock, so long as temperatures are in order as well as voltage, I would bet money it would last its useful lifetime without issue.

What do you mean "what wattage CPU"? You already have one chosen...???? What are you using this PC for?
I concur with ED if you're looking for efficiency go Intel and Nvidia.

Not overclocking? This is overclockers that is what we do here! I can tell you I've had one of my chips running pretty much 24/7 overclocked for three years and counting and it still runs just fine. As ED said you'll likely replace the chip because it's outdated before it dies from overclocking, when done within reason.

A Seasonic G-550 would be the absolute minimum I'd run those components on.

Since you're worried about power and heat, get a 4690K and GTX 970. Then you can run your whole rig on a 430W PSU and it'd be considered overkill.

Now that the Intel boys had ya...

Couple things

1) Almost the entire point of getting an 8320 or 8350 IS to overclock it. these monsters overclock exceptionally easy. They are simply pigs and put out a lot of heat.
2) that motherboard is... well I guess if youre not overclocking thats a good looking mother board. They are claiming 9590 support on it, so I guess a stock 8350 would be ok
3) Intel is VASTLY superior for video gaming.
4) 64gb, 128gb, and 256gb SSD's are all now painfully close in price.
5) I do agree about the 290. Its by far the best bang for the buck.
6) dont go amd for gaming :p

Since you wish to keep everything at stock speeds, heres a build I'd recommend.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sCLvcf

I would get 2x4 RAM instead of 4x2, and you don't need 2133. Just get the cheapest 2x4 kit you can find, brand, speed, and timings won't really matter for your uses.

Now that the Intel boys had ya...

Couple things

1) Almost the entire point of getting an 8320 or 8350 IS to overclock it. these monsters overclock exceptionally easy. They are simply pigs and put out a lot of heat.
2) that motherboard is... well I guess if youre not overclocking thats a good looking mother board. They are claiming 9590 support on it, so I guess a stock 8350 would be ok
3) Intel is VASTLY superior for video gaming.
4) 64gb, 128gb, and 256gb SSD's are all now painfully close in price.
5) I do agree about the 290. Its by far the best bang for the buck.
6) dont go amd for gaming :p

Since you wish to keep everything at stock speeds, heres a build I'd recommend.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sCLvcf

Great points there. An FX chip without overclocking doesn't make for a very good experience.
I agree on the motherboard, it's "meh" if you ever decide to OC.

That's a nice build bob, but I'd personally look more at this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kdbNjX

Also, it needed a case :p

Great points there. An FX chip without overclocking doesn't make for a very good experience.
I agree on the motherboard, it's "meh" if you ever decide to OC.

That's a nice build bob, but I'd personally look more at this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kdbNjX

Also, it needed a case :p

Haha I just went with the cheapest. .2ghz wont make or break anything and will save 40 bucks. Honestly, the 290 is a far better bargain for gaming's sake. Its a great card, but you know how I feel on that matter :)

As for builds, Im done adding cases. People get what they wanna get, probably the most subjective thing you can get on a computer build.

As for builds, Im done adding cases. People get what they wanna get, probably the most subjective thing you can get on a computer build.
Yeah, I really never suggest cases either!

Haha I just went with the cheapest. .2ghz wont make or break anything and will save 40 bucks. Honestly, the 290 is a far better bargain for gaming's sake. Its a great card, but you know how I feel on that matter :)

It's true that the 290 is good bang/buck, I just stuck to the 970 since the OP got hung up on power and heat :)

AMD V.S Intel That is all personal pref to me AMD is bang for your buck budget build and Intel is better for high end non budget build.

AMD V.S Intel That is all personal pref to me AMD is bang for your buck budget build and Intel is better for high end non budget build.

It's easy to build Intel on a budget. Grab a cheap i5 and a non-Z board.

Back