• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Desk \ Horizontal Reservoir Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmmerBo

I'm doing a custom bulit-in computer desk where the computer case (a Thermaletake Core P5) is inset into top of the desk. I need a good horizontal reservoir setup and I was looking at the Photon 270 Reservoir. I know the Photon 270 Reservoir itself supports horizontal mounting but wasn't sure if the res\Pump combo supports it as well. I'm wondering if I should get a separate pump and attach it. Thoughts?

Just a note that I will not be able to move the res or tilt it after its installed. I mean i could tip the whole desk over i guess. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

I am open to hearing about solutions from other brands as long as the solution is in a long tube form and is 250 to 350 ml.

I don't think the combo unit will work well in a horizontal config. In fact most of the combo type reservoir/pump setups that I can think of will have trouble operating horizontally due to their fixed positioning of the inlet from the res into the pump.

Much better option is to go for a separate res and pump.

See the following thread for some info on modifying the Photon standalone reservoirs. You can certainly use them in a horizontal configuration without issue.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...XSPC-Photon-Modification-Improving-the-breed?

I have THAT case and THAT pump/res combo, it's not going to work like that, you are going to have to get a pump and a res.

I agree with both members and advise on separating the two in hopes of having the pump at a lower level if its possible with some a 90 degree fitting to the pump should help.

Back