• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom loop question, first time.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngilDerT

Thanks for reading and answering. I am currently purchasing parts to build a new rig. My current rig has an AIO so I've never done custom loops before. I am currently trying to figure out the cooling loop in order to purchase what I need for it. So my question is:

I have the cpu along with the mobo waterblock (EKWB Maximus XI Extreme Block). I also have 2 gpus being water cooled as well. Case has room for a 360 and 2 240s, my original thought is to put the cpu on the 360 and both gpus on a separate loop with the 240s. What would be best, a single loop with all 3 components and all 3 rads. 2 loops as described above, or 3 separate loops with all 3 to its own rad?

Also my fans will be in push / pull with Noctua 3000s pushing and Corsair LL120s pulling. Is that the best way to set those up as well?

Case: InWin 909 Silver
CPU:9900k
GPU: Rog Strix 2080ti OC in SLI
MB: Rog Maximus XI Extreme
PSU: Corsair 1600
RAM: G Skill Royal 32gb

Last edited:
Would be useful to know the system components you wish to cool before any one could make suggestions here.

So far we know you have a cpu and 2x gpu ...

EDIT:

Thank you for updating the original post so we know system specs.
Next step would be to simply insert this information into your sig ;)

EDIT II:

OK so you have almost enough radiator, I'd get another 360. Run the GPUs on the 360 rads seperate loop and the 240s for a cpu loop.

All together might create a faster heat soaking, the more rads the better.
End to all is ambient air temps so long you have enough radiator surface area to dissipate all the BTU your system is capable of producing on a full load tested.

Last edited:
General rule of thumb is ~100w per 120mm of radiator. 2 stock 2080tis are 225w each... that cpu heavily overclocked will hit 200W+ all cores and threads. A single 360 is fine for the cpu and you'd want at least 5x120mm for the gpus.

Ok, so the case doesnt support more than 1 360. Would using a thicker rad work on the 240s achieve better results, ambient temp and airflow wont be a problem as I live in va and running 8 ll120s and 7 noctuas for the case airflow and rads.

A double thick rad helps but isnt double the performance. You can run the GPUs on 2x 2x120mm rads but fans may need to be higher... the 100w per 120mm rule builds in performance and quiet so there is flexibility there.

100w for 120 rad? I always over killed all these years with 50w per 120 rad.... but that's just me lol.
Sorta like power supplies. I am always 200w larger (or more) than a calculator would suggest.
Thanks for the help E.D.

Back